**connectivity issues in a couple countries has left many posts in draft form for days/weeks and messed up our dates on postings. Please forgive the mishmash.**

Monday, June 18, 2018

Truffle Hunting

Holy cow. That was AMAZING.

We went out with a truffle hunter this morning and got to find some black summer truffle. It was totally a bucket list item of mine that I can't even believe came to fruition. We learned all about the process, the conditions to encourage truffle growth, how the dogs are trained, why our truffle hunter prefers dogs over pigs to find truffle and the various different kinds of truffle found at different times of year.

It was incredible.

Sali the dog would find them and unearth them so quickly many times that I didn't even have time to flip my camera on to capture it. She was such a sweet dog- but life is really pretty sweet for a truffle hunting dog, really.

Holy cow. Mind blown.

And then we went back to the house and they made lunch for is stuffed full of truffle. PLUS they have a vineyard and olive groves so produce wine and olive oil. Their family farm is surrounded by incredible views and a valley that is a truffle reserve. I mean, how stinking cool is that? Brilliant, really.

I'll fill in more about Valentino and Elena with the next post about the meal itself.

I can still smell the summer black truffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment