**connectivity issues in a couple countries has left many posts in draft form for days/weeks and messed up our dates on postings. Please forgive the mishmash.**

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Tuscan Take-always

In cooking with a limited kitchen and regional/local foods- these are the things I've picked up and hope to carry the habits home:

Picorino cheese (younger, not long aged) is amazing

I've been making small batches of fresh salad dressing each night with the basics: olive oil, balsamic, garlic, oregano and sage. I used to do this quite often after I realized the grotesque amount of sugar was added to most of my favorite salad dressings - but then in the never ending pinch for time, I found some store-bought dressings that were delicious and had a reasonable amount of sugar (as in, a couple grams per serving, not 2-3 times the daily suggest intake) and just keep those staples around. I digress, oil and vinegar and a quick whip is really so quick and delicious/ I really should reinstate the practice.

Apertivo! And really, coursing out a meal is truly lovely. Challenging for timing bit who doesn't love a challenge? And it's totally worth it if it can all work out. Nothing a little planning ahead can't solve.

Digestiv/ post meal small liquor. Yes, please. I love me some sherry and this general practice allows me to not feel like a blue haired old woman sipping from a cordial glass. As I do. (Owning it)

I'm pretty sure I'll be wishing to be back here soon. It all so relaxing and soothing and all things real and honest and good. People are kind and gentle, with an overflowing love that manages to escape being so overly enthusiastic that it feels forced.



—found this in my drafts. Never quite finished but going to go ahead and post—

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment