**connectivity issues in a couple countries has left many posts in draft form for days/weeks and messed up our dates on postings. Please forgive the mishmash.**

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Highlights From Today

Well obviously- France winning the World Cup is remarkable. And really deserves it's own post. But I couldn't let these slip by:

Molly
When we got back to the apartment to watch the game, while I worked on getting the game on TV, you ain't never SEEN someone move as quick as Molly did delivering glasses for everyone, large bottles of "bubbly water and flat water" and doling them out on the coffee table. I grabbed a bag on chips and she was SUPER quick to grab a pot (which she promptly explained to me was just as good as a bowl and "it would do") as we dumped the chips in the pot. Quite the hostess on the making!

Jackson
As he was going to bed, he said (in reference to Rodin's sculpture "The Thinker" which we saw today) "I wonder what the artist had in mind for what he was thinking about"
In the dozens of times throughout my life that I've seen that sculpture or a likeness of it, that perspective/question had never occurred to me. Ah, fresh perspective.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment