Well, if it had to happen, I suppose I'd rather it be me than the kids and be in this comfortable house in the Irish countryside instead of in Paris.
But I've been in been sickity- sick all day. Ive finally turned the corner and have some sprite and chicken broth and am sitting up but have incredibly bad aches- I feel like I've been in a car accident. It might have been the sour cream with dinner last night (we opened a new tub at the end of our taco night dinner and I was the only one to get some from that container) or it could be some virus I picked up along the way- who knows. But it's a doozy.
Again, happy to be here than other places to be sick and recover. Except recovery will have to be quick because we plan to get up early in the morning tomorrow to start the 4 hour drive to Dublin so we can make the most of our quick time there. Hopefully I'll be a-okay [enough] to not be totally miserable.
This was super sweet: Jackson was playing on his piano app on his iPad and got the sheet music to Gymnopedie and came and sat in the bed and played it for me a few times. So precious. He has a heart of gold.
On another note- now that I'm sitting up. This is one of the views from my bedroom window. If you shot an arrow from where I sit and slipped the corner of the rock on the left- that arrow would sail around the world and pass over Austin. To the right, the arrow would make it to New York. So stretched out before me, over that wild Atlantic Ocean is the (almost) whole of the United States. Pretty lovely thought to go along with a pretty lovely view.

No comments:
Post a Comment